Pages

Friday, February 4, 2011

Oh man.

There seem to be dirty dishes in every corner of the kitchen, not to mention toys, clothes, and other random stuff scattered here and there, but it's all going to hang out until tomorrow, when I'm sure a few helping hands will pitch in and bring order back to our living space. In the mean time, I'm enjoying this feeling of satisfaction, this warm, happy feeling that remains after spending an evening in the company of both friends and family. I'm not sure that much tops the smiles and laughter of a baby, or the full out excitement expressed by my toddler over her visitors. When I laid Gracie down for her nap this afternoon, I told her to sleep well, she'd have a busy evening. She slept 3 hours, and it's a good thing, because she didn't wind down for bed until 10:30 tonight...

Sean's youngest brother and his girlfriend drove in this evening and will be staying with us through the weekend. They love their Gracie, and I know she loves them, and the loads of attention coming her way. ;) We also invited our friends and their 5 month old baby over for dinner. Baby Caleb is all smiles and I just want to melt when he looks at me and giggles! Gracie enjoyed wiggling around with him on the activity mat she used when she was a baby, and will now be passing along to Baby Brother.

It was just one of those evenings that leave you anxious for the next one like it. It was a lovely and relaxing way to start the weekend. I'll wake up tomorrow to a crock pot that I should have already washed, glasses that would have been easy to at least clear from the table, and toddler clothes strewn across the living room floor, but I'll also be reminded of the fun we had tonight, and of how full and blessed I feel right now.

Happy Weekend. :)

2 comments:

Lindsey S said...

Enjoy your time :) Dishes can wait!!

Alisha said...

It is truly a blessing to be able to stop, sit back and look at life that way!