I've mentioned before that I am loving this age with Gracie. The things that come out of this child's mouth often leave her daddy and I, and anyone else that happens to be with us, either laughing or trying really hard not to. I wanted to write a post highlighting some of the things she's said lately that have stuck with me. I don't want to forget them.- Before eating dinner one evening at the beach, we all held hands to pray. I always peek at Gracie to see what she's up to, and this time her eyes were closed tightly. As Sean's father concluded the prayer with an "amen", Gracie got our attention. "Hey, hey!", she said. Then, in a very matter of fact tone, she informed us that, "Amen means done in Spanish". We had a good laugh, both at what was said and the look on her face while saying it. I was also proud of her use of logic to try and determine the meaning of a word, and what she said made sense to me!
- Gracie has struggled with belly issues since she was practically a newborn (first call to the pediatrician about constipation--2 weeks old)... I hate it for her because it's just not an easy part of her little life. On the way home from the beach, we were sharing a bag of Reese's Pieces. Gracie, who was trying them for the first time, called out to us, "I like getting enemas!" Poor child, she meant M&Ms, I hate that "enema" is even in her vocabulary!
- I have gotten into the habit of calling Gracie "sister", and will sometimes refer to her as "Sister Grace", which sounds like the perfect name for a nun, now that I'm thinking about it! Ha! Anyway, I was trying to get her to start moving towards the stairs one evening and was saying, "Let's go, sister Grace!" She turned and ran to her daddy, ushering him along and saying, "Come on, sister! Let's go, sister Daddy!" He may just have a new nickname. ;)
- There are a few songs that Gracie and I get excited about when they come on the radio. One of these is "Firework", by Katy Perry. Since the song seems permanently stuck in my head, I stick her name in it and sing it to her:
Boom, boom, boom
Even brighter than the moon, moon, moon
It's always been inside of you, you, you
And now it's time to let it through
Cause Gracie you're a firework
Come on show 'em what your worth
Make 'em go "Oh, oh, oh!"
As you shoot across the sky-y-y
Anyway, I love the lyrics and think all of our "colors burst" in one way or another as we discover who we are and where we want to go in life... As a parent, I want nothing more than for my children to go for their dreams, and to stand by and watch them shine.
Gracie sang "Momma, you're a firework!" the other day. :) She doesn't know all of the words, so she kept repeating, "Momma, you're a firework!", and I loved it. She sang it at the top of her lungs, too, which is something I always encourage. It's officially our song.
Gracie sang "Momma, you're a firework!" the other day. :) She doesn't know all of the words, so she kept repeating, "Momma, you're a firework!", and I loved it. She sang it at the top of her lungs, too, which is something I always encourage. It's officially our song.







3 comments:
She is such a doll!
Oh my goodness! She is too cute and she has the sweetest little voice, so I can just picture her saying those things! :)
These are all too cute! I love the song "Firework"! Gracie is so lucky to have you and Sister Daddy :) haha
Post a Comment