Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Emotional.

I've been such an emotional pregnant woman lately! It's strange to feel so out of control when it comes to my emotions. I realize that I can blame my hormones, but it doesn't make it any easier, or make me any less likely to cry at any given moment. ;) I find myself fighting back tears while watching the news (unfortunately, there is lots to cry over...), or TLC, or even while watching my "baby" (who is so not a baby anymore) throughout the day. A good friend of mine has a sweet baby boy who just started walking. :) It's so exciting, but I understand exactly what she means when she asks where the time has gone! Why does it go so quickly, these first precious years? I'm terrified that I'll turn around and find myself getting my daughter ready for her first day of kindergarten...and that's as far as I'm thinking ahead, otherwise I will cry right now.

And then there are these thoughts that keep swimming around in my head about these last few months with Gracie as an only child. As excited as I am about welcoming this sweet baby into our lives, I'm also desperate to make the most of this time with Gracie. I know the "new" baby won't replace her in any way, so it seems like a strange obsession, but I do know that once Baby arrives, everything will change for her... At the same time, I'm insanely excited about giving her the blessing of a sibling. I've always known I wanted more than one child, I just didn't realize there would be so many emotions attached. :)

I told Gracie the baby was kicking last night and she ran over saying, "I want to feel!" I can't wait until she really can! She also gave the baby a quick "hello!" before running back to what she was doing. It's these sweet little moments with her, no matter how quickly they come and go, that I want to remember forever! Each age has been special and amazing in some way, and I'm currently in love with this two and a half year old stage (okay, maybe minus her relentless fight against having her teeth brushed...). It's just fun! The tutus and fairy wings, the dancing and singing, the conversations and hilarious things she says... I'm just trying to soak it all in and keep her little for as long as I possibly can.

3 comments:

MommyLevan said...

well I'm not even prego and I could cry reading that post. She has grown so quick and thinking of her to be a big sister sounds crazy! But I think she will be a good big sister once she gets use to the little thing! lol It will be an exciting time for everyone.

Sharon said...

I know exactly how you feel... even though I'm not physically pregnant these emotions keep sneaking up on me too. Sometimes I think I understand when the Bible says "Mary treasured these things in her heart" 'cause I want to treasure them in my too!

Rachelle said...

Hugs!!!!
It does go way too fast.