I can't remember the last time I was this desperate for a weekend, but here I am, all but on my hands and knees thanking the Lord that it's Friday afternoon. This week has been challenging. It has worked me mentally, physically, and perhaps most of all, emotionally. I think I have told myself (and those that are lucky enough to get to listen to me vent) that I am "losing my mind" at least once per day, since Tuesday. I have decided this just has to be my last baby, because I'm not sure how I would even begin to handle being pregnant with two young children to care for...(although I'm still holding onto all my baby girl stuff, just in case...).
But, now that there is a real end in sight, I'm feeling a weight already lifting. Weekends are these very necessay things, and not just to those who work outside of the home, but to those who work within the home, too. While I'll still be "momma" all weekend, I'll have an extra set of hands to bring giggles, wipe tears, kiss boo-boos, discipline...you get the idea (and this is where my respect for single mothers shoots through the roof. My own mother has been there and I admire women without that extra set of hands more than I could express...).
I also thrive on time spent with my family. I come out of a weekend feeling refreshed, rejuvenated, and ready to take on the week ahead. The frustrations of this past week won't matter tomorrow, they don't really matter much now, not when spending quality time with my husband and daughter is on the agenda. I've got this little guy flipping around in my belly as I type, a beautiful daughter stirring from her afternoon nap, and a wonderful and supportive husband that will be on his way home soon... I am thankful for these blessings and thankful for moments of clarity that bring things back into perspective.
Happy Weekend. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







5 comments:
I totally know what you mean! I think I say "I'm losing my mind" at least 5 days each week! Hope you have a great weekend!
Oh I know what you mean. This week I actually called and almost begged my mom to drive 6 hours to take the kids for a couple hours because I just needed a break. The last two days have been better but still trying. I hope you get all the rest and are rejuvenated enough this weekend! :)
PS I was done at two too...but that did not last long. ;)
I love this sweet post! You are a great mom and wife!
I need followers. Please follow my blog. I would appreciate it
Hang in there! I feel very fortunate and blessed to be one of those "lucky enough" people! Anytime!
Post a Comment