Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

27 Weeks.

Tomorrow I'll officially be 27 weeks pregnant. I'm still not sure how we got this far this quickly, but here we stand, just a week away from slipping out of the 2nd trimester and into the 3rd. My little guy is almost 2 pounds (about the size of a head of cauliflower) and a little over 14 inches long.


Last week, I went in for my glucose-screening test. I drank a fruit punch flavored drink, with 50mg of sugar, then waited an hour to have blood taken to test for gestational diabetes. I'm happy to report that I passed and also received good news concerning the other results of the blood work.

During the hour wait, I had my monthly visit with the doctor. Everything once again checked out great. I was able to hear Ethan's heartbeat, which is something I always look forward to. My only concern during this visit was my recent weight gain. I gained 9 pounds in a month. So, I had a little chat with the doctor regarding this topic. He first assured me that if I were going to have a jump in weight, this is when it would be, so while I'm not excited about it, it's happening at the right time. He explained ways that I can maintain my current weight for the next 2-4 weeks, which would then put me back on track for their recommendations and my own personal goal.

It seems like I should have made some of these changes from the beginning, but I'm making more of an effort now to cut the empty calories, while also adding in more exercise (especially now that it's warming up). I'm switching back to skim milk, because I have been drinking a LOT of 2% milk, which is just building up unnecessary calories and fat. I've really been enjoying making prenatal yoga a priority each day. I end up feeling so much better and more energized, even when I have to force myself to do it. Sean bought me a new yoga mat and prenatal yoga DVD for Christmas, so it's finally getting the use it deserves.

I recently pulled out my "Gracie" pregnancy journal and found it very interesting that at this same point with her I gained 10 pounds in a month! I am also almost the exact same weight. The only difference is that I weighed more in the beginning with her. I guess my body decided it should keep things fair and catch up. :) Worst case scenario is I have a few extra pounds to lose. I am SO thankful that this is the only thing that has been a concern (if you can even call it that) during this pregnancy!

Ethan still moves all the time. It is so funny to me because while I've been pregnant before, I have never experienced this type of movement! Sean and I both wonder what in the world he is doing in there... it feels like maybe I'm pregnant with a little rabbit instead of a baby?! Sean and I just enjoy watching and feeling him do his thing and we're anxious to see what he's like once he's here with us, on the outside! We only have 92 days (give or take a few) to go!

2 comments:

Lindsey S said...

Glad to hear that things are going well! Looking good!

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

I just love reading your updates! :) Very exciting. My boy moved so much stronger than my daughter.