Pages

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

A Nice Reminder...

My mom emailed this to me this afternoon, along with a couple other poems that brought tears to my eyes. When I get overwhelmed with the household responsibilities, and I most certainly do, I will try to remember that as long as she is my number one priority and focus, I'm doing everything right.

Come in, but don’t expect to find
All dishes done and floors that shine.
Observe the crumbs, cereal, and toys galore.
The smudgy prints upon the windows and doors.
The little ones we shelter here
Don’t thrive on a spotless atmosphere.
They’re more inclined to disarray
And carefree messy play.

Their needs are great and their patience small.
All day I’m at their beck and call.
It’s Mommy come! Mommy see!
Mommy change the channel on TV.
Wiggly worms and scraped knees.
Painted pictures and blocks piled high.
My floors and house a mess, the days go by.
Some future day they’ll flee this nest,
And I at last will have a rest!
Now you tell me which matters more,
A happy child or a polished floor?

5 comments:

MommyLevan said...

Love it!

Snapshotsofhappiness said...

Wow I love this! thanks :)

Miranda said...

What a great reminder - thanks for posting!

Lindsey S said...

How sweet! I love this poem!

New Mommy!!! said...

I LOVE this poem, did your mom write this? I wnt to post on my blog with a link back to yours if that's ok. IT's so beautiful, I want to keep it as a reminder on hand. Let me know IF I can borrow it!