Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I'm ready.

I have 18 weeks to go, and I'm encouraging Ethan to cozy up and spend each day of these remaining weeks getting prepared for his big birth day, but I'm also feeling ready. I'm not ready in the way that I will be when my feet are likely swollen, sleep is a thing of the past, and the extra large basketball-looking belly of mine is creating all kinds of aches and pains. Instead, my heart and soul have teamed up and leave me with this feeling of readiness and peace over what's to come.

I'm ready to hold my baby boy in my arms. I look forward to finding quiet moments just to stare and soak up the newness and beauty that is a newborn. I'm ready to watch my husband soothe a crying baby again, using his gentle voice and fatherly instincts, the ones that made me fall a little farther for him the first time around. I'm anxious to share this brother with his sister and witness the beginning of a bond that will always be. I'm ready to relish these last few months with one child to love on the outside, and one to love on the inside of my growing belly. There's so much to look forward to and dream of, yet so much to treasure right now.

I'm 22 weeks pregnant today. Ethan is now almost 1 pound and around 11 inches. The belly is growing and the restless nights have begun! I'm lucky to have my new "husband" (body pillow), he's great to snuggle with and helps me find comfortable sleeping positions. I feel bad for my real husband, because there's now a person-sized pillow that gets flipped around all night!

As for cravings, my milk craving (the same one I had with Gracie) has kicked in and I drink milk more than any other beverage. Cereal is also a favorite (with milk of course! ha!) and I'll often have a bowl as a snack before bed, as my lunch, for breakfast, and for a snack during the day... Frosted Mini Wheats with fresh strawberries on top has totally hit the spot and I wonder if anything could taste better!

Ethan is an active little guy. I love feeling him throughout the day. He seems to be most active around 11:30pm, this is usually when Sean and I can sit back and watch my tummy jump while he kicks and rolls around in there! Watching Ethan move is a new thing for us, I was 21 weeks when I saw his kick on the outside for the first time. Gracie still hasn't felt him move, she's much too busy to wait around with her hand on my belly, but I know that the time will come, and I can't wait to see her expression. :) I have an appointment on Thursday and will share the latest at that point!

4 comments:

Alisha said...

So happy for your little family. Y'all are giving me baby fever! haha!

MommyLevan said...

aw I can't wait! It still seems unreal to me for some reason. I can't wait to meet this little guy!

Sheena said...

Christina I can't even express how excited I am for you and the fam to have a little BOY to welcome into all of your hearts!! <3 Can't wait to meet Ethan!

Lindsey S said...

This is a sweet post - I love the way you share your emotions.... so sweet!