Pages

Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year.

I sat cuddled up on the couch with Sean (following a win for FSU, yay for a happy husband!) on Friday night, half asleep, as we welcomed the New Year together. We took just a moment to voice appreciation for the year gone by, and to acknowledge how spectacular this new year will be as our family grows. Not only will we gain a family member, but we're sure to grow as parents and a couple as we settle into our new life.

I haven't made any official resolutions, but I chose a few simple things that I'd like to see happen for me in 2011 (at least until June, and then who knows!). First, I'd love to fit in more reading time. Simple enough, right? There are so many books that I'd like to add to my "read" collection, so I'm hoping that I can start January off with a good book, and maybe even squeeze in a few more while I wait for the baby.

I really want to move slowly. The next few months have the potential to fly by, but I'm determined to just enjoy this time with Gracie. She's going to be going through a BIG change herself with a sibling on the way! I realize that nothing will really be the same, it will be better, but I am also realistic and know that my sweet girl isn't going to immediately, and happily, share her parents. I do get a little nervous when I think about those first weeks at home with a newborn and 3 year old once Sean goes back to work...It should be an interesting transition for us all! :)

The "New Year" also presents a great opportunity to get refocused and remotivated. I have certain standards for how I would like to be in all areas of my life, most importantly in my role as mother and wife, and let's be honest, I fall short of those more than I would like to admit (especially in the housewife role...). I'd like to see improvements in myself over the next year. I realize that my effort and dedication benefit my family as a whole, and that's quite important to me.

I'd also like to make sure my blog is a priority. After documenting 365 days in Gracie's life, I realized that this is an online scrapbook, and since I have not actually completed any "real" scrapbook pages since I finished up her Fall and Winter of '08 book, this blog serves a great purpose for me! I already have plans to start a new blog for Baby, following 365 days in his/her life, too!

What kinds of goals/resolutions/hopes do you have for 2011?

3 comments:

Leslie said...

One of my goals is to also be a better housewife! If I can be better in this role, I know that it will allow me to spend more time with my little family! It will also take that un-needed stress away and make for a happier mommy! :)

MommyLevan said...

Happy New Year Sister!! Start following my blog again :) I have time!!!

Alisha said...

So true! I beat myself up for not having "real" scrapbooks, but then my friends point out my online blogs and how I've documented everything on them. It is quite an accomplishment and I look forward to the day when they can look through them!