Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Big "First".

This may look like an average, everyday picture of Gracie to you...


But to me, it's a pretty big deal, another "first" for my sweet girl.


These are pictures of the first time my daughter has EVER left the house without a diaper on! I knew that I was being brave...we'd had an accident free morning and only used one diaper during her nap time. Since we were only going for a walk to the playground in our neighborhood, I decided to just go for it...and an hour later, she was still dry! We even took our diaper free girl out to Target this evening to let her pick out new big girl panties (she chose Tinker Bell) and to get a well deserved prize. She used the potty while there, then again as soon as we got home. I'm very proud of her and hopeful that we are on our way to being potty trained!
We encounter minor static issues in this car...haha!

8 comments:

Sarah @ A day in the life said...

Oh my goodness! Good luck with potty training. Sounds like you're off to a great start!

Sweet Shots By Nicole! said...

I believe I found your blog through another, somewhere or other, but your daughter is about the same age as my daughter and I love seeing the activities and ideas other moms do with their children......

We started working with Rylee about 2 months ago and we are there...potty trained except for the occasional accident - Isn't it an amazing feeling!

Way to go Gracie! This is such a major accomplishment in a little ones life! YAY!

Lindsey S said...

Wow! What a big girl!! :)

MommyLevan said...

awww she is really growing up!! Big girl panties!

The Undomestic Mom said...

so adorable!

Rachelle said...

I love how you caught the static!!! Awesome :-)

You are brave. We've just begun and not made much progress. Ak! I think he will be 4 before he is potty trained. We promised to get him a train table when he can go in the potty all the time.

Congrats on your big girl!!!!
btw... are you finding out boy/girl with the babe#2?

Cassie said...

Oh wow. Good luck with potty training!!

Alisha said...

Love the static hair!! Way to go Gracie!! Kensington has been much harder to train! After about 2 weeks now I think we finally have it! This is after several other attempts this past summer and before. My girl is one stubborn chic!

Tell her Cousin Alisha is proud of her!!!!