


We spent the hours in between dinner and fireworks on blankets in the grass at a local elementary school. We stayed entertained by live music, people watching, and Miss 4th of July herself...


She danced, she ran circles around us, she gave all she had into singing along with the band. There was even a moment when that happy girl closed her eyes, threw back that little head, and swayed to the music. It was great. This was her kind of thing. She's all about bare feet, music, and being outdoors.




(I love this picture. It makes me smile to think that even my two year old stopped long enough to soak in the beauty of this July evening. We were blessed with perfect weather and the company of a few amazing people.)
When the fireworks did begin, she plopped happily into her daddy's lap and held his hands over her ears. I listened as she named the colors that came to life in the night sky, "Green...Red...Purple...", and soon she forgot there was any reason to cover her ears. I think all of us enjoyed those fireworks a little more just because they made my baby girl, dressed in her red, white, and blue, so happy.
I hope it was a happy, fun-filled 4th of July for all!







4 comments:
Love her dress! Great photos!
aww all those pictures are great. The older Grace gets the more personality her pictures have. I love the green sucker piclol
So cute!! :D
I love the pictures, you capture everything so perfectly!!! Sounds like an amazing 4th of July, and Gracie is just adorable and special as can be.
Post a Comment