Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Thursday Five :)

I was determined to squeeze this in today! It's one of my favorite weekly posts and Thursday almost always sneaks by before I can play along! Here is my list of 5 things that have left me smiling this week:


1. It has been one hot week! In an effort to entertain my child in the air conditioning during the afternoon hours, we bring pieces of the outside in...Let me introduce you to "stick painting"! :) She loved it and so I loved it, too.

2. One of my step-sisters is in town visiting from Idaho! We only get to see her and her sisters during the summer and for a couple of weeks around Christmas, so we've been getting together often and enjoying our time with her!

3. I had three photo sessions this week! There was a 6 month old baby on Monday, my (almost) 6 year old nephew on Tuesday, and a maternity shoot for one of my best friends today! I am having so much fun and have already found myself learning so much!

4. I am looking forward to the weekend! We will be busy celebrating two birthdays. My nephew turns 6 on Sunday and my dad gets one year older on Monday, so we'll be spending time with him, as well. :)

5. Now for a quick Gracie story...Yesterday, Gracie found a deceased fly on the floor. As is usual with most insects, she became extremely concerned and interested in just what it was this fly was doing. I explained to her that he wasn't able to fly away and that he would have to go in the toilet. She walked over to her kitchen, picked up a strainer, came over to me and said, " I want to put him in me basket and carry him."...So, I wrapped the fly in toilet paper, put him in the "basket", and let him sit in his own special spot in the living room...until she turned her attention elsewhere... :) This girl loves her bugs!

3 comments:

Lindsey S said...

This is too cute! McKayla (my 7-yr-old) likes to sit and look at blogs with me. The other day she said, "365 Days of Grace is my favorite" - I told her it was one of my favorites, too!

Congrats on your booming new business! I hope it goes well for you!

Platinum Rose said...

Hahaha, too precious! You handled that very well, instead of just saying "no he's getting flushed" and getting rid of him before she could touch him, which is what I know you actually wanted to do instead!

Platinum Rose said...

P.S. Congrats on the photo sessions! You're starting out with a bang!