Father's Day is right around the corner! I am already so excited about it. Gracie and I have been chatting, and we're currently brainstorming and coming up with clever Daddy's Day ideas. I think we'll be able to compromise on the perfect gift, whatever it may be... :)
Speaking of Father's Day, it appears that Sean's little girl is holding weekly celebrations in his honor, usually held on Saturday and Sunday mornings. On a normal day, she's ready to get up around 7:30. Lately, she's been sleeping in until almost 8:00! This is a change that I have appreciated. I take a moment to catch up on emails or blogs, have a cup of coffee, and wake myself up before diving into the day. Sean has been looking forward to a morning like this, since he's up before the rest of us every. single. day.
This past weekend, Friday night to be exact, Sean gave Gracie her "night-night" kisses and softly whispered in her ear, telling her that the weekend was here and that Daddy would be home for two whole days with his girl. The following morning, when the Saturday morning sun was beginning its rise into the sky, so was our Gracie. It was just after 6:00 when I heard her calling my name. I tossed and turned, hoping she would fall back asleep...at 6:30, it was time to get up.
I rolled myself out of the bed and walked into her room. Her little body was curled up comfortably and she gave me her "good-morning" grin as I stepped over to her crib. Then, she rolled over, looked up at me, and said, "Where's Daddy?"...
She knew her Daddy Days had arrived and was anxious to see him. :) It was incredibly sweet.
Sean didn't get to sleep in last weekend, she did the same thing on Sunday, but I have a feeling he really didn't mind. He was able to get in a little morning cuddle time with us and, of course, spend two whole days with his girl.
(I should note that Gracie slept in until almost 8:30 Monday, and until 8:00 on Tuesday and Wednesday! She's a Daddy's Girl!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







2 comments:
That is too sweet! Awww
Love this! Sooo sweet!
Post a Comment