Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Turning Two...

It's kind of a big deal... :)
Sean and I woke Gracie up this morning and presented her with this while singing Happy Birthday.
She was still very asleep when this picture was taken, but Sean and I were both excited to watch her wake up to her birthday breakfast surprise! At first, we thought we had made a mistake...she was apparently still in a deep sleep when we waltzed in, glowing muffin in hand, but after a few dazed and confused moments, she perked up and we started singing to our birthday girl!

Later that morning...
My sister and I took our sweet babies to the Natural Science Center this morning. It was already surprisingly hot when we arrived, so we walked the outside paths first, stopping to watch playful lemurs leap from tree limbs and hungry tigers pace in front of the employees' entrance gate, waiting for their breakfast. Of course, we took time for taking pictures before heading back inside to let Gracie and Austin enjoy a little freedom and playtime. After our visit, we met Nana (my mom) for lunch. I returned home this afternoon with an exhausted two year old...

Tonight, we're taking Gracie out for her birthday dinner to our favorite Mexican restaurant. This little girl loves rice, beans, and cheese quesadillas! :)

6 comments:

Gracie's Dad said...

You forgot about her love for cheese dip (like Mommy!) I love you Gracie! Happy Birthday my beautiful little girl!

Kelly said...

How special! Happy Birthday sweet little Gracie! :) I think it is so neat that you and your sis take your kids to such fun places! I can't wait til my sis and I can do that when our littles get a little bigger :)

Lindsey S said...

I LOVE this! She is precious! Happy birthday, Gracie!

Rachelle said...

I hope she has a wonderful birthday... such a beautiful sweet girl :-)

MommyLevan said...

I enjoyed being with Grace on her birthday! It was fun.

Sheena said...

I'm SO glad Gracie had a good birthday!

It's still so hard to believe it's been two years!! :) How time flies!

Love you both! :)