Pages

Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 48...

You are my Sunshine, My only Sunshine...

I used to sing this song to Gracie, when she was still a tiny little thing and would let me rock her until she drifted off into a peaceful, baby sleep. I even made up an extra verse, just for her. This morning, during a very random moment while playing with her, the song popped into my head and I started singing it to her once again. She was delighted and started rocking back and forth to the melody. While thinking about the lyrics to this short, catchy tune, I realized just how well it sums up how I feel about my sweet Grace. She is my sunshine, she makes me happy no matter what else is going on around me. I am always smiling in her presence. She is my miracle, she gives me hope, and she is a constant reminder that God is smiling down on us. With her in my arms, I have everything. I am counting my blessings today and cannot even express how thankful I am for this little blond-haired, blue-eyed blessing.

2 comments:

JadeyGC06 said...

This post is so beautiful. She is a cute little sunshine, that is for sure!

I used to sing this Danielle when she was a baby too.

Platinum Rose said...

I bet she remembered you singing that song to her when she was littler, whether she realized it consciously or not! How sweet! You'll have to tell me her extra verse sometime!