Have a Little Faith...This morning, my little toddling toddler took a real step of faith. Actually, it was more like a run of faith...As we were walking towards the entrance to our apartment building, she decided to walk away, and without much hesitation, tried to run right off the side of the sidewalk, into the road. Now, it's not a big step, but between the momentum she had going and her lack of balance at times, this was not going to go well. Luckily, I stepped in as those little feet were getting lost under her, and swept her up to safer ground before those tender knees and elbows hit the pavement. What struck me, as we carried her up the steps, was her confidence in taking that step over the edge. She completely went for it, and believed that she would be fine on the other end. That little moment, which lasted maybe 3 seconds, got me thinking about my own faith.
I say I have it, yet I worry, wonder, and fret over everything that doesn't seem "safe". At the end of the day, I know I'm in good hands, and I'm thankful for these little reminders that show themselves at moments that seem so simple, so ordinary. Gracie had faith that she was going to be okay, as she tripped over the side of the curb, and she was. I was right there to catch her. In the same way, I know that there are arms to catch me when I fall, and when things look steep and rocky from where I stand, I just need to let go, and let God. This morning was just a gentle reminder that I've got to have a little Faith.







1 comment:
Gosh, what a beautiful post... and so true.
Post a Comment