15 months old...Every month, on the 27th, I stop and take a moment. I take a moment to think about how my beautiful baby girl is yet another month old, and while I revel in all that is new and precious about each month, I also wonder how we got here so quickly. I'm not shocked by time's unwillingness to "pause" for just a moment, or to just simply slow down. I knew it would be this way. After all, we all know time flies when you're having fun, or in this case, when you're soaking in the beauty of each day with your greatest blessing, grasping onto moments that quickly become a paragraph in a journal, or a photograph in an album. While the ticking of the clock does frighten me at times, it also keeps me mindful. Our only choice is to really live in each moment. Time is unforgiving, and we can't go back.
Time has, however, also been my friend. The past 15 months have been the best of my life. I am in awe of this little person that is mine, and am proud of all she has accomplished along the way. I love loving her, teaching her, holding her, watching her change and grow from day to day...
At 15 months old, Gracie is carefree, inquisitive, full of spunk. She loves books, music, and is especially delighted by the presence of animals. She loves chatting on the phone and singing her version of the ABC's in front of the bathroom mirror. She has great dance moves and some really funny facial expressions. She bangs her head on the floor when she is angry and hates being stuck in her car seat. She keeps us on our toes and we love every minute! So, here's to 15 months of pure joy and being "graced" by the presence of a little angel! :)







2 comments:
Christina, this post is as beautiful as Miss Gracie! :*)
What a beautiful post. You have a way with words!
Post a Comment